- Age / Gender:
- 25, Male
- All Stats >
- Community Stats
Level 7 Blank Slate
Ranked as Civilian
Contact Info / Websites
I+D - GAME FEATURES MOCKUP
Altought the very first intention is to test the overall production, the real reason behind is to ask the GameDev community a lot of things, such as:
- Can it be programmed?,
- Which engine is better?,
Depending their counselling and advices, I will able to stablish limitations in relation with the intended game features.
LIST OF FEATURES
1) Multi Layered Sprites:
GOAL:Reflect the crafting concept
The sprite is divided in 3 main layers, or spirtesheets, representing the equipement of the player.
Each spritesheet contains 5 types of "gear level", wich refers also to the maximum number, or capacity, of tier for improvement:
- 0 - None
- 1 - Improvised gear.
- 2 - Light gear.
- 3 - Medium gear.
- 4 - Heavy gear
Each item will be programed to show their "level of complexity" animation withouth changing the spritesheet:
2) Full immersion:
No Hud, only Inventory.
Interacting with it will be at real time, therefore the player has to be wise.
(I will post a pic here).
3) Inventory and Dynamic physics
-The inventory has a space limitation. Althought it is only enlarged with Backpacks, for administration sake, there are a lot of containers that can stack items.
-However there is a carry weight limit. The more weight, worse ergonomic in movements.
In order to simplify this mechanic, there will be 3 states:
- Light: <50%. Player can perform all basic movements (Run, Sprint, Jump).
- Heavy: >50% Player can't sprint, and jump performance is reduced.
- Stuck: >100% Player can't run, sprint nor jump. A red exclamation sign will show up above the player.
Althought throwing deadWeight is the common solution, Player can use Gadgets to boost the Weight limit.
There will be 3 types of items:
- MAT: (Materials) Fragments of Wood, Cooper, Iron, Steel, and Titanium.
- OBJ: (Objects) Gears, Pipes, Boxes, Can, Pan, Sewer covers, Wrench, etc. Some of them can be crafted.
RCP (Recipe) Crafted ITEMS from MAT and OBJ.
Player can experiment but bad combinations results in trash. Althught it can be "recycled" (recovering >50% of materials), to avoid this, the player can search or buy recipes (usefull just as a guide).
The characteristics of the Crafted Items may vary according to the "Quality" of the materials used in the recipe. Every Item holds a Numerical value (hidden to the Player). The QUALITY VALUE of an Item is determined by the sum of the parts:
- 100 Qv = I
- 200 Qv = II
- 300 Qv = III
- 400 Qv = IV
Each Category represent a feature trend and determinate the level of customization:
- I - IMPROVISED: Lighter features. 1 Level of Customization.
- II - LIGTHER features: 2 Level of Customization
- III - MEDIUM features: 3 Level of Customization
- IV - HEAVY features: 4 Level of Customization
Each level adds:
- 3 Traits, (Passive features) only one of them can be improved and unlocks the Gadget.
- 1 Gadget (Active features) it also unlocks the next tier of modifications.
The TRAITS develop the basic stats of each Item equiped, therefore the overall stats of the character.
The better level of upgrade, the better attributes but more expensive* (as this game has a barter economy based in rarity of item, it can be expensive in some zones, and cheaper in others.)
- Res: Resistance = HitPoints.
- Dmg: Damage.
- Wgt: Weight (Only numeric, no specific measure).
- Rch: Reach of attack (Melee is fixed at 100%).
The GADGETS are the Hability or Power of the Character. Player must first research a gadget, and then install it in order to use it Althought there is no limit when researching Gadgets, there is an installing limitation up to 3 max.
The philosphy behind this is that the more gadgets a character has,
the better prepared to overcome challenges.
Gadget installation is administratded from the body Stats of the inventory.
Latest Favorite Art
Latest Favorite Games
Latest Favorite Movies
Latest Favorite Audio
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 510 (From 112 different games.)